The first step merely to collect all sources which mention *some* Dutton Seaman.
- A Dutton Seaman bapt Nov 11, 1627 at St Mary Aldermary
- Note and Queries that Dutton Seaman who died 1667
- Journal of the House of Lords, Mar 25, 1681 where he is living, and an attorney.
- Marriage Allegations ...Archbishop of Canterbury "William Ellis of the Inner Temple 22, Mary Seaman 20... also attested by Dutton Seaman"
- Journal of the House of Commons, Nov 7, 1689 Dutton Seaman, William Allen, Thomas Witham are in custody for arresting a servant of William Montague, Esq. (cf Message by John Brandon on this same entry
- "City of London Comptroller ARTICLES OF AGREEMENT Vellum documents, 28" x 23", for transfer the the appointment as Comptroller of The Chamber of the City of London from Dutton Seaman to his son. Rather creased, two small portions nibbled at edges not affecting writing. Lacks one wax seal. 1759"
- A Dutton Seaman, Comptroller of London who may be this same person
- "Mary, wife of Dutton Seaman of Rotherby...Comptroller of London"
- "Dutton Seaman died seized of Rotherby Hall 1720"
- Gray's Inn Admission Register "1754 Dutton Seaman, eldest son of Dutton Seaman, Esq Comptroller of the City of London"