From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Screenshot of Google Watch.
|Type of site||Activist|
|Created by||Daniel Brandt|
Critiques of Google
To illustrate the view that Google's search engine could be subjected to manipulation, Google Watch implemented a Google bomb by linking the phrase "out-of-touch executives" to Google's own page on its corporate management. The attempt was mistakenly attributed to disgruntled Google employees by The New York Times, which later printed a correction.
- ^ Varghese, Sam (2005-01-12). "Google critic releases source code for proxy". The Age. http://www.theage.com.au/news/Breaking/Google-critic-releases-source-code-for-proxy/2005/01/12/1105423537735.html. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- ^ Crerar, Simon (2003-04-05). "Forget me nots". The Age. http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/common/popupPrintArticle.pl?path=/articles/2003/04/04/1048962927651.html. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- ^ Manjoo, Farhad (August 30, 2002). "Conspiracy Researcher Says Google's No Good". Salon.com. Alternet. http://www.alternet.org/rights/14001/. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- ^ a b Spanbauer, Scott (May 28, 2003). "Internet Tips: How to Make Cash on EBay--Your Auction ABCs". PC World. http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/id,110664/printable.html.
- ^ a b c d Dave Gussow (April 14, 2003). "Despite popularly, Google under fire for privacy issues". St. Petersburg Times. http://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/14/Technology/Despite_popularly__Go.shtml. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- ^ Hansell, Saul; John Markoff (2004-06-22). "Google Edits Its Prospectus to Highlight Risk of Loss". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/22/business/22google.html.
- ^ "Corrections". The New York Times. 2004-06-25. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E01EED81F39F936A15755C0A9629C8B63.
- ^ Agger, Michael (2007-10-10). "Google's Evil Eye: Does the Big G know too much about us?". Slate. http://www.slate.com/id/2175651/. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Farhad Manjoo, "Meet Mr. Anti-Google". Salon.com (August 29, 2002).
- Lessig, Lawrence (September 22, 2005). "Google Sued". Lessig Blog. http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003140.shtml.
- CmdrTaco (October 21, 2002). "Google Sued over Page Ranking". Slashdot. http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/21/1254221.
- "Google conspiracy theory alive and well". Search Engine News blog. 22 November, 2002. http://www.high-search-engine-ranking.com/search_engine_news_blog_Nov02.htm#GoogleConspiracyTheoryAliveandWell.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Watch"