|Chairpotato's Mini Site Hierarchy Tree |
English Knol Project
This Knol should be cited as :
Copyright 2009, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License"
Click here to subscribe to changes to my Knols (Public Activity Feed)
Below, where the film title is underlined simply click on it, and you will be able to watch it in full via a playlist, or a linked detail page. Where the title is not underlined, the parts of the movie are individually linked directly underneath it.
Archive of one week of Chairpotato's "Night At The Movies!"
Movies Showing on Knol, Friday 14 Aug 2009
- Twelfth Night (1996) classic literature comedy added 14 Aug 09
- starring Helena Bonham Carter, Richard E Grant, Nigel Hawthorne, Ben Kingsley, Mel Smith
- Imelda Staunton, Toby Stephens, Imogen Stubbs
- Shakespeare's classic tale of disguises, mistaken identifies and romantic twists
- Just One of the Guys (1985) comedy romance added 14 Aug 09
- starring Joyce Hyser, Clayton Rohner, Billy Jacoby, William Zabka
- Joyce Hyser working toward a journalism award decides to attend a neighboring high school disguised as a guy and then write about the experience. William Zabka of course again plays the dumb mean jock.
- The Santa Clause (1994) live-action Disney fantasy (playlist - complete) added 14 Aug 09
- starring Tim Allen, Judge Reinhold, Wendy Crewson, Eric Lloyd, David Krumholtz, Peter Boyle
- (also notice Mary Gross in a small part as the teacher in Reel 6)
- When Santa Claus falls off his roof and dies, Tim Allen is recruited to be the new Santa. Clever, cute family entertainment.
- Summer Magic (1963) live-action Disney musical comedy (playlist - complete) added 14 Aug 09
- starring Hayley Mills, Burl Ives, Dorothy McGuire, Deborah Walley
- A wealthy widow with three children, suddenly left poor, moves to a small cottage in Maine. Family entertainment, Burl Ives sings a few songs as well.
Movies Showing on Knol, Thursday 13 Aug 2009
- starring Hayley Mills, Maurice Chevalier, George Sanders, Wilfrid Hyde White
- based on a novel by Jules Verne
- Two children with the help of companions set-out on an around the world adventure seeking their kidnapped father.
- Freaky Friday (1976) live-action Disney comedy (playlist - complete) added 13 Aug 09
- starring Barbara Harris, Jodie Foster and John Astin
- also notice Dick van Patten, Ruth Buzzy and Kaye Ballard in small roles
- Mother and daughter dissatisfied with their lives, wish to be each other. So their spirits to transferred to each other's bodies for a day. Wholesome fun, Disney style.
- You know John Astin best as Gomez Addams, but he was also married to Patty Duke for 13 years
- Can you spot Al Molinaro later to become more famous as Al on the TV-series "Happy Days"?
- Can you spot Charlene Tilton later to become more famous as Lucy Ewing on the TV-series "Dallas"?
- What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1965) suspense horror (playlist - complete) added 13 Aug 09
- starring Geraldine Page, Ruth Gordon, Rosemary Forsyth, Robert Fuller
- A wealthy widow left unexpectedly penniless, devises an ingenious plan. A plan of murder! Perhaps the number one or at least one of the all-time best versions of this kind of story. Geraldine Page is villainous. Pay attention for the twist ending.
- The Dream Machine added 12 Aug 09
- starring Corey Haim, Evan Richards, Jeremy Slate, Randall England, Tracy Fraim, Brittney Lewis
- Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9
- When a wealthy man is murdered his wife thinks he left her. So as revenge, she gives away his expensive car to Corey Haim. But the murderer wants that car. Silly summer flick. Pass.
- The Time Machine (1978) made-for-TV science-fiction adventure (playlist - complete) added 12 Aug 09
- part of the series "Classics Illustrated", loosely based on the novel of the same name by H.G. Well's
- starring John Beck, Priscilla Barnes, Andrew Duggan, Jack Kruschen, Rosemary DeCamp, Whit Bissell
- Poorly-made B movie of the classic Rod Taylor-starring vehicle. It's worth a look on a lazy night, but then be sure to watch the classic version for comparison.
- Die! Die! My Darling! (1965) suspense horror (playlist - complete) added 11 Aug 09
- starring Tallulah Bankhead, Stefanie Powers
- Stefanie Powers whose fiance has just died, meets for the first time his seriously batty mother. What at first appears to be eccentricities in the old woman, turns quite sinister.
- The Taming of the Shrew (1967) classic literature comedy (playlist - complete) added 11 Aug 09
- directed by Franco Zeffirelli
- starring Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and note the premier of Michael York (as Lucentio)
- Shakespeare's classic tale of a fortune-hunting husband, who through patient nonsense ends by taming his newly-married wife's shrewish tongue. Don't miss it.
- The Miracle Worker (1962) biography drama tear-jerker (playlist - complete) added 11 Aug 09
- Part of the life of Helen Keller (Patty Duke) and her teacher Annie Sullivan (Anne Bancroft). This was Patty Duke's premiere film. Due to a childhood illness, Helen Keller became blind and deaf, and thus never learned to talk. Annie Sullivan aims to change that and nothing will stop her. Inspirational.
- Trivia: Later in life Patty Duke played the role of Annie Sullivan.
- Bye Bye Birdie (1963) musical comedy (playlist - complete) added 11 Aug 09
- starring Janet Leigh, Dick Van Dyke, Ann-Margret, Ed Sullivan
- Maureen Stapleton, Bobby Rydell, Jesse Pearson, (also notice Paul Lynde)
- Teen-idol singer Conrad Birdie is drafted and girls everywhere protest. Dick Van Dyke is a song writer upset by the news. Janet Leigh is Dick's love interest trying to also get him a big break by Conrad singing a Van Dyke song on the Ed Sullivan show. Ann-Margret is selected as the lucky girl who gets to give Conrad his send-off kiss. Paul Lynde in a cameo as Ann-Margret's father. Wow man it's super fab (but a little bit more than silly also). So if you want light and silly, hey this is your movie! Ann-Margret saves the film from complete vapidity playing a near-delirious teen-ager .
- The song "Put On A Happy Face" features in this movie.
- starring Tim Daly, Naomi Watts, Keith Carradine, David Carradine
- Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7
- Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13
- A group of Amish sheep-farmers move into the old wild West and conflict with the cattle barons already there. After her husband is killed over a squabble about a fence, his widow encounters a dying gun-slinger and nurses him back to health.